Cozy up with a glass of vino and escape into the pages of a good book this winter. Here are our 10 picks for essential reads (each paired with a recommended wine) to get you through these next few months.
1. BRAIDING SWEET GRASS by Robin Wall Kimmerer paired with a crisp dry sauvignon blanc
Pour yourself a chilled glass of fresh and light sauvignon blanc and sit by a window or anywhere you catch a glimpse of nature.
Try Chateau St Michelle, Horse Heaven.
2. NEW YORK by Edward Rutherford paired with rich lush cabernet
A big sweeping novel deserves a savory full-bodied wine like cabernet sauvignon.
Try Francis Coppola, Diamond Series Claret.
Pop open a Mediterranean sparkling wine and channel your inner goddess.
Try Bohigas Cava. We Highly Recommend
A medieval setting calls for a ghostly label. Get cozy with a deep red cabernet.
Try Ghost Pines, Cabernet Sauvignon.
5. PARADISE - TRILOGY, by Elin Hilderbrand paired with a refreshing rosé
6. ON EARTH WE'RE BRIEFLY GORGEOUS, by Ocean Vuong paired with a smooth merlot
Sip on a soft silky merlot to soothe your soul while you read this moving novel.
Try Kendall-Jackson, Vintner's Reserve.
7. M TRAIN by Patti Smith paired with a rich and complex pinot noir
Let your mind settle into a cozy corner of a Greenwich Village café while sipping a velvety pinot noir.
Try Meiomi Pinot Noir...We Highly Recommend
8. The DUTCH HOUSE by Ann Patchett paired with a buttery chardonnay
9. THE HIDEAWAY by Lauren K. Denton paired with vibrant prosecco
Sparkling, fresh, and light, perfect for rocking the afternoon away on a New Orleans porch.
Try Santa Margherita Valdobbiadene Prosecco.
10. UPSTREAM by Mary Oliver paired with a light-bodied Soave
Inhale the scent of flowers and luscious fruit while escaping into nature.
Try Pra Otto, Soave Classico.